We've got the results here of three new studies you should REALLY like. Here are three surprising things science now believes are GOOD FOR YOU . . .
1. Self-Lovin'. A new study from the University of Sydney in Australia has found that vigorously fondling yourself can fight all sorts of illnesses, including cervical infections and urinary tract infections for women, and prostate cancer for men. They also found it lowers the risk of developing diabetes, can help treat insomnia, and can fight depression. (Daily Mail)
2. Alcohol. A study out of Tel Aviv University in Israel has found that a reasonable amount of alcohol can lead to a longer life. They found caffeine has the OPPOSITE effect and might even shorten your life. (Opposing Views) RELATED COMEDY: A new study says caffeine shortens your life, while alcohol lengthens it. It all evens out for me, since my cup of java is half Bailey's.
3. Not Texting People Back. It's modern phone etiquette to text people back quickly, but maybe you shouldn't. A new study found people who train themselves to ignore their phone when it buzzes or makes an alert are HAPPIER. People who are able to relax and not constantly check their phones had less anxiety and stress than people who are always monitoring new messages. (Daily Mail)
What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever caught your kid doing? Like, that thing that was SO BAD no one's really ever talked about it since? Here are six of the best answers we've heard . . .
1. "My two-year-old son was on the couch, totally naked, eating Frosted Flakes. I looked over and saw he was rubbing the Frosted Flakes on his private parts then eating them. When I told him to stop, he started doing it even faster."
2. "My parents told me when I was two, in a hotel with my grandparents, my grandfather took a shower and dropped his towel to dry his hair. I ran up, grabbed his scrotum, and shouted, 'Wobble wobble wobble.'"
3. "My boys were homeschooled. When they were six and eight, we were covering the ancient Greek Olympics. I walked in on them recreating it . . . fully nude, drenched in my massage oil, wrestling. It wasn't at all sexual, but still."
4. "I walked in on my 10-year-old son humping a plush Shamu."
5. "My kid found my maxi pads, opened all of them, stripped naked, and made a body suit by sticking the pads all over himself."
6. "I was bathing my four-year-old son and three-year-old daughter together. I stepped out of the room. When I came back, they were trying to figure out how she could pass gas in the tub so he could catch the bubbles in his mouth."
Yesterday, we heard all of Bing.com's year-end search results. Now it's Yahoo's turn. Here we go: Top Searches:
1. Miley Cyrus
2. Kim Kardashian
3. Kate Upton
5. Selena Gomez
7. Amanda Bynes
8. Murderer Jodi Arias
9. iPhone 5
10. Justin Bieber
Obviously, Miley was the most-searched female celebrity, followed by Kim, Kate, Selena and Amanda. Behind them were Jennifer Aniston, Katy Perry, Kate Middleton, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicki Minaj.
Since he's the only guy in the overall Top 10, Justin Bieber tops the list of most-searched male celebrities. He's followed by JACKIE CHAN for some reason.
The rest of the list is: Robin Thicke, Michael Douglas, George Clooney, Hugh Hefner, William Shatner, Robert Pattinson, Randy Travis and Lil Wayne . . . which makes it one of the most ridiculously random lists EVER.
Meanwhile, "Star Trek Into Darkness" was the most-searched movie, "American Idol" was the most-searched reality show, and "The Walking Dead" was the most-searched TV drama.
I'm sure you're Facebook friends with a few people you don't really LIKE. You stay friends to keep tabs on them. But are you friends with people you actually HATE? And do they hate you BACK? Now there's a way to find out. There's a new web app called Hate With Friends. When you use it, you look through your Facebook friends and click on the people you secretly HATE. Then, if any of those people use Hate With Friends and pick YOU, you both get an alert that your hatred is mutual. If only one of you hates the other, there won't be an alert, so it will stay one person's secret. Check it out HERE at HateWithFriends.com.